Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Week 1 of metabolic coaching....

I made it through the workouts. I am not saying they were easy but they were not what I would do and definitely at a lower intensity for the most part. I still sweated...but didn't hit a single heavy bag and didn't swing a kettlebell. I did some running intervals the day that I was in zone 3. 

I have three more weeks of these workouts. I can and will do it.

I do need to get my head wrapped around the whole concept that working harder doesn't mean better. I guess if I put into perspective of the changes I have made to my lifestyle regarding food, it makes sense. I have to do what is right for my body. I need to be sure to be healthy first.

The hardest thing is that I have to put off some challenges I was hoping to meet this year. I am not sure if I will be able to compete in a triathlon or a half marathon. I am disappointed about that but I am trying to remember that this could help me be able to complete physical challenges and maybe even get some better results in the future. It is not the end of the world....and it is okay if I am not "amazing" this year. 

I know it may seem like I am a bit of a "train wreck" to use the phrase popular with some bloggers to describe other bloggers that talk continually about their struggles and that switch things up over and over again but I am listening to my trusted advisers and more importantly to my body. I could keep going on with the activities I was doing and continue to see a lack of results. BUT I am not going to as I want to see progress on the health level (which is excellent to date...my doctor is pleased)....on the fitness level (this is a struggle but I will get there)....and on the scale (yep, it is last...if the other two get there, this will as well).




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are doing the smart thing and putting health first! I bet you will be amazing this year in a way you never expected.

    ReplyDelete