Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

10,000 steps and progress on attitude adjustment

So, I am on a mission to get at least 10,000 steps a day right now....which isn't too bad but a bit annoying with the air cast on. My first day I didn't quite make it, finishing with just over 9,800 steps. Saturday was a better day. I had over 13,000 steps (13,676 to be exact). Today I am over 12,500 (12,601 to be exact) and that was with having my fitbit off to charge while I got ready for the day. All in all, I am very happy about this. By the way, I bought a fitbit. It helps me track my steps and my sleep pattern. I am very happy with it so far.

As far as my attitude adjustment, that is going better too. I have been working out with the hand bike at the gym. Not that most exciting thing but it is what I need to do right now. I started physical therapy on my ankle. I hate every minute of the exercises but I am doing them anyway because I need to. I want my ankle and foot to be stronger and this will get me there.

One thing I did that I maybe should have thought about again before doing was a stair climb this weekend. BUT I needed to do it. I did not do the whole thing but I did well over 75% of it and I feel good about it. The stair climb was at Mile High football stadium and you walk the steps all around the lower bowl of the stadium. In one end of the stadium, climbers went to the top for a few aisles. I skipped that part. The down was the hardest part on my foot/ankle and I didn't think it would be wise to be up high and struggling to walk down. Plus I promised my husband I would take it easy. 

So, even though it was a bit embarrassing to ignore the instructions from the volunteers and just continue on the lower bowl, I got through it. It was still a good workout and I am satisfied that completed the event as best I could at the time. I allowed people to tell me that I did a good job. I avoided sinking into the depressed idea that I didn't do it all so I failed. Yep, I am working on that attitude!

2 comments:

  1. Any physical activity is good activity. Never do more than you are capable of because that will end in injury. Pity is for losers, and that you are not:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just getting your heart rate up is good exercise.
    Check out my diet
    http://choppysreviews.com/eating-for-energy/

    ReplyDelete